Benton-Franklin Council of Governments Board The Benton-Franklin Council of Governments (BFCG) is a voluntary association of the units of local government, whose purpose is to facilitate a cooperative approach to regional problem solving. Our Board is the governing body which meets monthly to discuss such regional issues, make decisions regarding the Benton-Franklin Council of Governments, and to discuss Metropolitan and Regional Transportation Planning issues. The Board presently claims 18 regular members, 1 associate member, and 2 affiliate members.
BFCG Board Members
- Gloria Boyce, Ben Franklin Transit
- Will McKay, Benton County
- Lori Sanders, Benton PUD
- Linda Lehman, City of Benton City
- Lee Barrow, City of Connell
- Chad Davis, City of Kahlotus
- Chuck Torelli, City of Kennewick
- Patti Bailey, City of Mesa
- Ruben Alvarado, City of Pasco
- Mary Ruth Edwards, City of Prosser
- Ryan Lukson, City of Richland
- Kate Moran, City of West Richland
- Brad Peck (Vice Chair), Franklin County
- Bob Larson, Port of Benton
- Skip Novakovich (Chair), Port of Kennewick
- Vicki Gordon, Port of Pasco
- Todd Trepanier, WA State Dept. of Transportation South Central
- Greg Tompkins, Walla Walla County
In addition, the following maintain associate or affiliate (non-voting) member status:
- Benton Rural Electric Association
The United States Department of Energy maintains an Ex-Officio membership on the Council of Governments.
Benton-Franklin Economic Development District Board In addition to the regular governing board, the Economic Development District (EDD) designation requires a separate EDD board which governs planning activities of the Economic Development District and loan program actions. Our Economic Development District Board includes the regular BFCG board membership listed above and 9 private sector members.
EDD Board Members (In addition to BFCG Board)
- Carol Woo, Baker Giles
- Trini Garibay, Elite Construction and Development
- Amanda Jones, Community First Bank
- Neal Ripplinger, Prosser Economic Development Association
- Karl Dye, TRIDEC
- Michael Novakovich, Visit Tri-Cities
- Tiffany Scott, WorkForce Tri-Cities
The Benton-Franklin Council of Governments Board and the Benton-Franklin Economic Development District Board meet jointly the third Friday of each month at 10 a.m. The public is welcome to attend and there is opportunity for public comment. All meeting dates are subject to change, please see meeting calendar for details.